The mission of HOSA is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience.
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
- To promote physical, mental and social well being.
- To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
- To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- To develop character.
- To develop responsible citizenship traits.
- To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
- To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
- To encourage individual and group achievement.
- To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
- To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
- To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
- To promote career opportunities in health care.
Our HOSA students recently participated in the Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates (KODA) project to promote organ donation and give the "Gift of Life." During this project, the students discussed organ donation with faculty, staff, and students throughout our schools and were able to sign up 13 new organ donors. Part of their project was to develop a Public Service Announcement video. You can watch their completed video, which was recognized on the KODA Facebook page, by clicking the link below: Project Video
For more information about our schools HOSA affiliation you may contact: Ms. Susan Readnower via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Mrs. Tasha Kelty via email at email@example.com, or Mrs. Chastity Gribbins via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.